State Farm Hall of Business, Room 228
Illinois State University
Normal, IL 61790-5520
Office Hours (Fall 2020):
Virtual upon request
Madeline Trimble has been an assistant accounting professor at Illinois State University since 2016. She received her Doctorate from the University of Mannheim in Mannheim, Germany and her Bachelors of Science in accounting from Eastern Illinois University. Her current research focus is on the progress of global IFRS adoption and its associated financial reporting effects. She teaches Intermediate Accounting and International Accounting courses and serves as a faculty advisor for ISU’s chapter of Accounting & Financial Women’s Alliance (AFWA). She currently serves as a national board member of AFWA.
- Intermediate Financial Accounting (US GAAP)
- International Accounting (US GAAP vs. IFRS)
- Song, X. and M. Trimble. 2020. The Historical and Current Status of Global IFRS Adoption: Obstacles and Opportunities for Researchers. The International Journal of Accounting, Forthcoming. https://doi.org/10.1142/S1094406022500019.
- Johnson, J., Guidry, R., and Trimble, M. 2020. Temporal Changes in Value Relevance of Analysts’ Forecasts. Journal of Corporate Accounting and Finance, Forthcoming. https://doi.org/10.1002/jcaf.22478
- Mocadlo, R., Rich, J., Trimble, M., and Zhou, Y. 2020. Fostering Intrinsic Motivational Orientation: A Cost-Effective Method for Encouraging Audit Staff to Speak Up. Current Issues in Auditing, Forthcoming.
- Trimble, M. 2018. A Reinvestigation into Accounting Quality following Global IFRS Adoption: Evidence via Earnings Distributions. Journal of International Accounting, Auditing and Taxation, Vol. 33, pg. 18-39. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.intaccaudtax.2018.09.001
- Trimble, M. 2018. Politically Connected Firms and Effective IFRS Adoption. International Journal of Critical Accounting, Vol. 10, Issue 2, pg. 97-129. https://doi.org/10.1504/IJCA.2018.092319
- Accounting and Financial Women’s Alliance (AFWA)
- National Board of Directors (2020-2021)
- Foundation Board Member (2019-2020)
- Faculty Advisor for ISU Chapter (2018-current)
- COB Women in Business Coalition, Committee Member
- Outstanding Teaching Initiative Award (2020)
- AFWA’s Women Who Count Academic Award (2020)
- Professor of the Year as voted by ISU Student Accounting Society (2018)
- Wisdom’s Torch of Teaching & Learning Award (2018, 2019)
- CTLT Faculty Fellowship (2019)