The candidates will be selected based on the following criteria, which have not been ranked in any particular order:
- The applicant’s academic qualifications;
- The applicant’s previous research experience (if any);
- The quality of the applicant’s letters of recommendation;
- The applicant’s ability to work with others;
- The applicant’s self-identification as a member of an underrepresented group; and
- The applicant’s willingness to commit to follow-up research and presentations after the culmination of the project.
Teacher training programs typically enroll a high percentage of women. At the PIs’ home institution, two-thirds of the mathematics education majors are female. It is anticipated that at least half of the participants in the proposed program will be female.
Tell your references to email your letters of recommendation to email@example.com with your name in the email subject line.