**You do not need to wait for application approval to begin attending meetings! You are welcome to begin attending meetings any time!
Fall Applications Due on Thursday, September 28, 2023
SPA – Student Psychology Association
- Attend 4+ meetings/socials
- If you need to miss a meeting/social please notify a board member (see ‘Contact Us’ tab)
- Complete 2 volunteer/fundraising hours
- Fee – $12 per semester (includes t-shirt for first-time members)
Psi Chi – Psychology Honor Society
- ISU Admission
- At least three semesters or five quarters of college attendance
- At least one semester at Illinois State University
- Credit Hours
- At least 9 semester hours or 18 quarter hours of psychology courses
- Must be admitted to a Major or Minor in Psychology or to a department graduate program
- Undergraduate students must have an overall GPA of 3.0 or higher in courses taken at Illinois State and a GPA of 3.3 or higher for all Illinois State psychology undergraduate courses.
- Graduate students must have an average grade of B+ or better in all graduate courses, including psychology courses.
- Attend 5+ meetings/socials
- Complete 3 volunteer/fundraising hours during the semester
- $75 lifetime fee: $20.00 to group & $55.00 to chapter
- Includes a t-shirt (one time)
*Meetings are scheduled on an alternating basis. Refer to the ‘Schedule’ page for clarification!
*Volunteer/Fundraising hours are not a requirement before joining – these requirements are to be met during your time as a member/throughout the semester.
*Fall 2023 applications are due by Thursday, September 28, 2023
If you have any questions or clarifications about membership, please contact the Psi Chi President.
President: Meg Herling – firstname.lastname@example.org
Psi Chi Application: