(virtual) International Symposium on Correlation, Polarization and Ionization in Atomic and Molecular Collisions
July 28-29, 2021
Thanks to all participants for a wonderful vCOPIAMC meeting!
August 2, The live portions of the vCOPIAMC meeting are now concluded, but the on-demand content, including recordings of the talks, remains available until August 5. Thank you to everyone who participated for making this a valuable and exciting meeting.
Welcome to the start of the vCOPIAMC meeting!
July 21, We are excited to have more than 110 registered participants from 21 countries. Approximately half of the attendees are students or postdocs. Thanks to the international scientific committee for putting together a great program of presentations. The live portions of the conference occur on July 28 and 29. Until then, please explore the on-demand posters that are available through the Participate tab (check your email for login information). We look forward to an exciting and productive meeting.
Allison Harris, Chair 2021 vCOPIAMC
A complete program with list of presenters and sessions is now available under the Program tab. The abstract book is now available here.
The vCOPIAMC meeting will cover the usual topics of the COPIAMC meeting in an abbreviated format. It will provide the opportunity to listen to high-level specialized talks covering a broad range of hot topics in atomic and molecular physics. Among others, the following areas of research will be discussed:
- Many-body interactions and electron-electron correlation effects in single and multiple ionization processes.
- Alignment and polarization effects in excitation and charge transfer processes.
- Correlation and polarization effects in multiphoton ionization of atoms and molecules.
- Correlations and coherence in the interaction of intense and short-pulsed radiation with gas-phase species.
- Correlated motion in photodissociation processes.
- Coherence effects in multielectron excitation.
This will be the first time a COPIAMC-related event is held virtually. The traditional COPIAMC satellite meeting resulted from merging into a single scientific event the two symposia that were previously held in parallel, namely
- “The International Symposium on (e,2e), Double Photo-ionization and Related Topics”
- “The International Symposium on Polarization and Correlation in Electronic and Atomic Collisions”.
See also the History of the satellite.