(virtual) International Symposium on Correlation, Polarization and Ionization in Atomic and Molecular Collisions
July 28-29, 2021
Registration and Abstract Submission are now open!
We are also excited to announce our invited speakers for the 2021 meeting – see the Program tab for details.
Due to the ongoing challenges of a global pandemic, a virtual mini-COPIAMC meeting will be held.
The vCOPIAMC will feature live invited talks that will also be available on demand to registered attendees. Invited and contributed posters will also be available on demand to registered attendees with virtual discussion sessions via zoom.
The vCOPIAMC meeting will cover the usual topics of the COPIAMC meeting in an abbreviated format. It will provide the opportunity to listen to high-level specialized talks covering a broad range of hot topics in atomic and molecular physics. Among others, the following areas of research will be discussed:
- Many-body interactions and electron-electron correlation effects in single and multiple ionization processes.
- Alignment and polarization effects in excitation and charge transfer processes.
- Correlation and polarization effects in multiphoton ionization of atoms and molecules.
- Correlations and coherence in the interaction of intense and short-pulsed radiation with gas-phase species.
- Correlated motion in photodissociation processes.
- Coherence effects in multielectron excitation.
This will be the first time a COPIAMC-related event is held virtually. The traditional COPIAMC satellite meeting resulted from merging into a single scientific event the two symposia that were previously held in parallel, namely
- “The International Symposium on (e,2e), Double Photo-ionization and Related Topics”
- “The International Symposium on Polarization and Correlation in Electronic and Atomic Collisions”.
See also the History of the satellite.