Helping College Of Business faculty teach online
With the COVID-19 crisis ramping up, our director Jeff Grabb has tasked me with helping College of Business faculty connect to resources for teaching online. This will take three forms:
- Links and descriptions to campus resource pages. This will include Reggienet, and materials created by the Center for Teaching and Learning Technology among others.
- I’ll be offering dynamic support in the form of online Zoom and Reggienet sessions. Send me an email to request you be added as a student in my Reggienet sandbox class.
- In addition I have some tips ‘n tricks that everyone can use to work around scarce items like document cameras, plus news of developments in our classrooms. For these items, click on the ‘Blog’ link above.
George Wiman, technology support specialist
College Of Business, Illinois State University
Phone desk: 309.438.3053
Phone department: 309.438.2813
I’m going to try and avoid duplicating the excellent resources from CTLT and the Technology Resource Center. Instead, I will link to them below:
- ISU Keep Teaching – a wonderful compendium of resources from CTLT on various technologies you can use. Please consult this page first, and then if you have difficulty contact me, and I’ll do my best to trial-run the platform with you.
- ISU Keep Learning – the companion page, for students
- ISU committed to student learning during challenging times – an overview of resources and priorities facing the coronavirus crisis.
Hello World. It’s the first phrase most programmers learn, as output from a simple code exercise.
This site is for the world I inhabit at Illinois State University. I’ll be including faculty, students, people interested in 3-D printing, Campus Press users, and generally people who would Gladly Learn and Teach.
The site is built on a WordPress platform, managed by Campus Press.
On this site, I will be making pages and blog posts. My development tools will include J-pop, some death metal, and a smattering of country western.
If you’re looking for my personal blog, it’s at georgewiman.com