- February 2023 – Caleb participates with the “Eye of Leica” in llinois State’s fourth annual Image of Research competition exhibit.
- January 2023 – Omid, Farimah, and Annabelle join the team. Welcome, you guys!
- December 03 – 07, 2022 – Martin attends Cellbio 2022 (ASCB|EMBO) in Washington, D.C. to present the project of Skye, Jordyn, and Ronith.
- October 21, 2022 – Jesu, Danny, Caleb, and Martin travel to Chicago for an afternoon of networking and listening to fascinating talks at the Chicago Cytoskeleton mini-conference.
- September 22, 2022 – Caleb wins a $420 BirdFEEDER grant to support his research project. Congrats Caleb!
- September 2022 – Martin receives a Maximizing Investigators’ Research Award (MIRA) from the National Institutes of Health (NIGMS) to study the function and regulation of kinesin-2 in cells.
- September 2022 – Skye leaves the lab. All the best and farewell, Skye! Jesu and Annekathryn join the team. Welcome, you guys!
- August 2022 – Ronith returns to his undergraduate studies at Purdue University, and Jordyn, who graduated in May, leaves the lab. All the best and farewell! Jordyn, congratulations on your graduation!
- July 26 – 29, 2022 – Martin attends the EMBO Laboratory Leadership Course for Group Leaders at the Stowers Institute for Medical Research.
- June 26 – 30, 2022 – Ayoola, Caleb, and Martin attend the FASEB ‘The Biology of Cilia and Flagella Conference’ in Tuscan, Arizona. Ayoola and Caleb present posters of their research projects. Martin helps organize the ‘Meet-the-expert session’ and presents a poster and talk about the data from the USRF students Skye, Jordyn, and Ronith.
- May 31, 2022– Ronith Dasari joins the lab, and Jordyn Reid and Skye Rogers continue in the lab for 8 weeks as 2022 USRF fellows. They will work on the characterization of disease-causing mutations in the motor protein subunit KIF3B.
- May 14, 2022 – Skye wins the prestigious $1000 Borst Scholarship. Congrats Skye!
- May 14, 2022 – Caleb wins a $500 Rilett Award to present a poster at the Biology of Cilia and Flagella Conference in Tucson, AZ. Congrats Caleb!
- May 2022 – Sam graduates and leaves the lab to work in R&D at ADM via Actalent/Aerotek in Decatur, IL. Congrats Sam!
- April 15, 2022 – Danny wins a $500 R.D. Weigel Research Grant to support his research project. Congrats Danny!
- April 15, 2022 – “Lab excursion” to the Chicago Cytoskeleton conference.
- April 01, 2022 – The student organization Phi Sigma organized a Trivia event, which we attended!
- March 10, 2022 – Martin just received these neat batches from eLife
- February 25, 2022 – The student organization Phi Sigma put together a fantastic symposium for our department. Students from the Engelke lab presented the following posters and a talk:
– Sam: Poster title: “Mapping the Amino Acid Sequences in the Coiled-Coil Domain that Mediate Dimerization of the KIF3A/KIF3B Motor”
– Skye: Poster title: “Characterization of two ciliopathy-causing mutations in the KIF3B motor protein”
– Ayoola: Poster title: “PHOSPHORYLATION OF EIGHT PHOSPHOSITES IN THE TAIL DOMAIN OF KIF3A IS DISPENSIBLE FOR REGULATING HETEROTRIMERIC KINESIN-2 FOR CILIOGENESIS”
– Caleb: Talk title: “Heterodimeric kinesin-2 autoinhibition: molecular features and biological function”
- February 7, 2022 – Anna Roseland joins the team. Welcome Anna!
- January 10, 2022 – Danny Marchiafava joins the team. Welcome Danny!
- December 10, 2021 – Hailey leaves the lab. Farewell Hailey!
- October 14, 2021 – Ayoola was selected by the ISU Graduate School as a Lela Winegarner Fellow. Congrats Ayo!
- September 2021 – Alex leaves the lab. All the best for your studies towards a Master’s in Education Alex and farewell!
- September 9, 2021 – Hailey joins the team. Welcome Hailey!
- September 2021 – Jordyn and Skye return as undergraduate researcher to the lab. Welcome!
- May 7, 2021 – Teague leaves the lab. Farewell Teague!
- May 6, 2021 – Martin received a 2020-21 Faculty Mentor Award on behalf of the STEM Alliance program at ISU.
- April 29, 2021 – Ayoola wins a $750 R.D. Weigel Research Grant to support her research project. Congrats Ayo!
- April 23, 2021 – Rahul Korrapati, Jordyn Reid, and Skye Rogers were selected as 2021 USRF fellows from a pool of competitive undergraduate students. Congratulations! They will join the lab for two month this summer to study the regulation of kinesin-2 in mammalian cells.
- April 8, 2021 – Sam wins 2nd place ($100 travel allowance) in the undergraduate poster presentation competition at the Phi Sigma symposium. Congrats Sam!
- January 4, 2021 – Ayoola joins the team. Welcome Ayoola!
- December 2020 – Carly graduates. Congratulations!
- September 2020 – Samuel joins the team. Welcome Sam!
- August 2020 – Carly joins the team. Welcome Carly!
- August 2020 – Teague joins the team. Welcome Teague!
All-in-One Fluorescence Microscope BZ-X800
- June 01, 2020 – Alex joins the team. Welcome Alex!
- Spring 2020 – Mazen and Chris graduate. Congratulations!
- January 13, 2020 – Mazen joins the team. Welcome Mazen!
- Sep 09, 2019 – Chris joins the team. Welcome Chris!
- Sep 01, 2019 – Jessica joins the team. Welcome Jessica!
- Aug 16, 2019 – Martin moves into his office in SLB 341